Lord Nicholas Stern was awarded the Stephen H Schneider Award for Outstanding Climate Science Communication14th October 2013 - 184 days ago
Lord Stern, leading global economist and Chairman of the LSE Grantham Institute, received the award in San Francisco on Wednesday, Dec. 11th at The Commonwealth Club of California.
Climate One is the sustainability initiative at The Commonwealth Club of California, which seeks to foster wide-ranging discussions on environmental, energy, and climate change issues, and make these discussions available to a broad range of people around the world. Climate One was founded by Commonwealth Club Vice President Greg Dalton in 2007 after visiting the Arctic Circle aboard a Russian icebreaker. Today, Climate One brings together top leaders from business, government, academic and advocacy groups to advance the march toward a low-carbon economy.
Nicholas Stern of Brentford Kt, FBA
Leading Global Economist and Chairman of the LSE Grantham Institute
In addition to on-going programmes focusing on the full range of climate topics, Climate One focuses on food and agriculture, transportation, and building and land use. The $10,000 award is given to a natural or social scientist who has made extraordinary scientific contributions and has an outstanding record of communicating the findings effectively to a broad public.
Click here to read more.
go back to newspage
- Chris Holmes was exceptional, engaging, funny and moving; our sales conference attendees were overwhelmed
- Bruce Dickinson gave a real burst of energy to our conference, he is very bright and a joy to work with
- Pranav Mistry was 100% on the mark - everyone at our CEO forum in Dubai was wowed
- Tim Foster was fantastic and exceeded our very high expectations at our teambuilding conference
- Magnus Lindkvist was of the highest quality and left our conference attendees totally inspired
- Sean Fitzpatrick's motivational speech in Germany was the total highlight of our sales conference
- Sir Terry Leahy's excellent delivery totally captivated the audience at our conference in Spain